Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jabby

General standard for proof of cheating

Posted (edited)

Hi, i was wondering what the general standard in VSG for proof of someone is cheating.

In my previous cod4 community, we needed to record demos using the /record function in call of duty 4. 

I have two questions.

(1) I was wandering what standards do you guys have, especially when it comes wallhackers as they can be quite hard to detect in the first place.

(2) Would lets say, shadowplay recording proof enough of any cheats or rulebreaking actions.

-Jabby

Edited by jabby

With most situations for none admins to provide proof would be a Demo for the easiest method but any other video platforms like YouTube would be okay as well. in the video it would require decent proof for us to take action. Things like Aimbot / Player Tracing. Would be an easy decision for an admin to accept the proof as Valid to issue a ban. If you suspect someone of wallhacking and isn't too obvious best thing to do is use !report (player) In-game and if they're any admins available it won't take long. last step to request an admin would to head over to our discord and give us a message in public chat (that's if you're certain someone is hacking) we don't want everyone spamming discord chat's with suspected hackers that's what !report was implemented for.

Same thing for People Breaking other rules like Glitching / Using scripts a Demo or Video is perfectly acceptable. Once you have the proof if you go to our discord you can post the players name/server and proof in our #Report-a-Player Channel.

Hope this answered your questions, With how cod4 has changed over the years and Cod4x Being added Server admins can now detect players with things like wallhack which for a regular player wouldn't be possible to see, i was quite shocked this was even possible when i started playing cod4 again but that's why VSG servers are decently clean with how active our staff is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Codex said:

With most situations for none admins to provide proof would be a Demo for the easiest method but any other video platforms like YouTube would be okay as well. in the video it would require decent proof for us to take action. Things like Aimbot / Player Tracing. Would be an easy decision for an admin to accept the proof as Valid to issue a ban. If you suspect someone of wallhacking and isn't too obvious best thing to do is use !report (player) In-game and if they're any admins available it won't take long. last step to request an admin would to head over to our discord and give us a message in public chat (that's if you're certain someone is hacking) we don't want everyone spamming discord chat's with suspected hackers that's what !report was implemented for.

Same thing for People Breaking other rules like Glitching / Using scripts a Demo or Video is perfectly acceptable. Once you have the proof if you go to our discord you can post the players name/server and proof in our #Report-a-Player Channel.

Hope this answered your questions, With how cod4 has changed over the years and Cod4x Being added Server admins can now detect players with things like wallhack which for a regular player wouldn't be possible to see, i was quite shocked this was even possible when i started playing cod4 again but that's why VSG servers are decently clean with how active our staff is

Yes absolutely. Alright, demos preferred but videos are alright. 

And its crazy how much it was improved for servers these days with cod4x! 

Thanks! 

Codex knocked it on head.

Try not to shout at the guy in local, instead demoing where possible. If he's not aware you're recording, then he's less likely to hide it.

Demo, discord, ban.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:17 PM, Poki said:

Codex knocked it on head.

Try not to shout at the guy in local, instead demoing where possible. If he's not aware you're recording, then he's less likely to hide it.

Demo, discord, ban.

Oh yeah, shouting at someone that is hacking literally does of no help. Just record them without saying a thing and pass it on to you guys. 

head over to our discord server and post it into the #Report-A-Player channel. if you're reporting someone for toxic behavior you aren't required to post the demo, you can just tell us his name on discord and we can sort it out

Discord Link: https://discordapp.com/invite/nb6Atam

cheers!